The first step in the admissions process is to call and speak with an Admissions Representative, or fill out our Initial Contact Form and fax it in. It is important that our Admissions Representative speak with the individual who is seeking admission into our program so that we can obtain accurate information regarding their substance use, medical and mental health disorders, and treatment history.
Once an admission date is scheduled, it is time to consider what you should bring with you. It is recommended that you bring comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing, as there will be times that you are in and out of adjacent buildings. Patients are allowed to bring small amounts of cash that can be used to buy snacks from our vending machines.
Here are some things you cannot bring:
- Any technology that can access the internet (computer/laptop/iPad, kindle)
- Cell phone (patients can travel with their cell phones, however, they will be checked in at the nurses’ station during their stay at Hudson Health Services)
- Video/recording devices
- Radios, video games, iPods, MP3 players, CD players, or electronics of any kind
- Magazines or books that are not recovery or spiritual in nature
- Outside food or drink
- E-cigarettes or vapes
- Alcohol, illicit drugs or paraphernalia
- Items containing alcohol in the first 3 ingredients, this includes but is not limited to: mouthwash, aftershave, cologne, all aerosols, and food items
- Weapons of any kind (i.e. firearms, knives, tazer, etc.)
- Items of clothing displaying alcohol/drug related logos or ads
- Scissors, tweezers, manicure kits, keys, or sewing kits
- Women: no spaghetti straps, halter tops, tank tops or similar, revealing necklines, short shorts or skirts, see through clothing, tight fitting clothing (including leggings, yoga pants, and spandex)
- Men: no tank tops, muscle shirts, or undershirts
- Linens (including sheets, blankets, and pillows)
- Stuffed animals
Useful items to bring:
- Spiritual or recovery related reading material (must be approved upon admission)
- Hair clippers, curling irons, and blow dryers in good working condition (Clippers and razors cannot be shared with others)
- Envelopes, paper and stamps
- Personal hygiene items without alcohol in the first three ingredients
- Comfortable clothing and walking shoes (bring at least one week’s worth of clothing). You will have access to a washer and dryer. Laundry soap is provided.
- Undergarments are required and cannot be exposed, shorts and skirts should be no shorter than 2 inches above the knee, and non revealing robes are to be work over pajamas.
- A small amount of cash
- Alarm clock
- Insurance Prescription Card
- Physician-approved medications*
All medications must be in their original bottles with proper labeling. Incorrectly bottled, mislabeled medications or misplaced medications that we are unable to refill could result in delayed admission.
Patients are not permitted to drive themselves to our campus. You must have someone drive you to our campus on the day of your admission and should plan on obtaining transportation on the day of discharge.
If you leave prior to completing our program you will be responsible for obtaining transportation on the day of discharge.
All personal hygiene products must be placed in one large plastic bag. Patients are limited to two pieces of luggage.
For more information about admission into one of our programs, please call 410-219-9000.